Terms and Conditions
This Privacy Statement is issued on behalf of the Hines Group (Hines, “We”, “Our”, “Us”) group of entities, so when we mention “we”, “our” or “us” we are referring to the relevant company that controls or processes your personal data. The entity responsible for this website, and this Privacy Statement, is Hines Interests Limited Partnership (USA).
The type of information we collect
As visitors browse the website, Hines collects information about the visit. For example, via web server logs and browser cookie files, Hines monitors statistics such as the number of visitors we have to our website, which pages are visited, the browsers our visitors use and the domains our visitors come from but none of this information is associated with any visitor as an individual. We do this through Google Analytics which ensures that all data sent to them is anonymous.
Some pages on this web site use a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a token that a server gives to your browser when you access a web site. Cookies are capable of storing many types of data. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the web site or to help us analyze web site usage more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to one of our web sites. In all cases in which cookies are used, we will not collect personally identifiable information except with your explicit permission. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
- If you choose to submit any personal information on any page of the Hines Web site by completing requests for information or any form, we may collect:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
- Your professional information (such as job title, department and name of organization)
- Content you provide (such as job and education history, comments, responses to questions)
How we use your personal information
When you provide us with your personal information, we may use such information to contact you about the offerings or services in which you have expressed an interest. Hines has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect from you if you apply for employment.
We may also use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Responding to your enquiries;
- Evaluating your interest in employment and contacting you regarding possible employment with Hines;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, and mobile applications and any other digital assets);
- Anonymizing personal information and preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports showing anonymized information;
- Enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over Hines.
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Personal information we share
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How we use your information” section above, we generally disclose details about you to: other members of the Hines Group; professional advisors and third parties that provide services to us and/or other members of the Hines Group (such as IT systems providers, platform providers, financial advisors, consultants (including lawyers and accountants), providers of HR and recruitment services and other goods and services providers (such as providers of marketing services where we are permitted to disclose your personal information to them); intermediaries, brokers, and other individuals and entities that partner with us; competent authorities (including any national and/or international regulatory or enforcement body or court or other form of tribunal, where we (or any other member of the Hines Group) are required to do so by applicable law or regulation at their request); and any central or local government department and other statutory or public bodies.
International data transfers
As a global company, Hines may need to transfer your personal data out of the country in which it was originally collected. For personal data collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), this may mean transfers outside the EEA. You should be aware that these countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. In such cases, Hines will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal information with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
If you object to your personal information being transferred or used in this manner please do not register with or use the Site.
How we protect your personal information
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Hines takes the security and privacy of personal information extremely seriously. We have strict internal procedures which cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
- The Site uses an SSL certificate which both verifies our identity and secures the safe transmission of information between your browser and our server.
- We conduct daily malware scans to detect any malicious hacking attempts which may compromise the security of our site.
How long we keep your personal information
We will hold your personal information on Hines’ systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
Modification of your choices and preferences
Opt-Out Right: If you do not wish to receive communications from Hines regarding offers or other third party products and services, you may opt out of receiving such communications by e-mailing or writing to Hines as provided in the “More Information” section below; or in the event that you receive an e-mail from Hines regarding such matters, you may simply reply to the e-mail in question and request that you receive no further correspondence from Hines regarding such matters. You may also follow this procedure to change or update information you have previously provided to Hines at any time.
Your election not to receive promotional and marketing correspondence from us will not: (a) preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us, and (b) preclude us, including our employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the site.
Your Rights – EU Users
If you are an individual in the European Union, you have additional rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, you have a right to:
- object to the processing or your personal information
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent).
You may exercise any of your rights, or ask questions about our use of your personal information, by e-mailing or writing to Hines as provided in the “More Information” section below. You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy. If you are unhappy with the way we handled your personal information or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you also have a right to complain to a data protection regulator in the place where you live or work, or in the place where you think an issue in relation to your data has arisen. A list of national data protection regulators can be found here.
Definitions. When we say “we” or “us” or “Hines” in these Terms, we mean Hines Interests Limited Partnership, our affiliates and those agents we use to provide services on our behalf. When we say “Site”, we mean www.hines.com and all other websites developed, owned or maintained by Hines Interests Limited Partnership and its affiliates
Hines Interests Limited Partnership
2800 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, Texas 77056-6118